Hi Ladies, happy Monday! For work wear Monday today, the topic is on "work vests." And before I begin; I'll like to make this proclamation; "move over blazers!"
Gone are the days when blazers used to be the only chic outer wear for work and take note that I said "chic!" What I mean is that there were other outer wear options back then but blazers and jackets were the reigning queens. Fast forward to 2016 and "who is the boss now?" You guessed right! "The sleeves vests."
Sleeveless vests are so chic and classy and when styled right would look effortlessly chic in the office. Ladies, It is important to style the sleeveless vest right based on the event and the occasion because it is a clothing item that seems casual at first glance. To look chic in work vests, you have to make sure you get all the accessories right; the shoes, bag and jewelry have to be toned down if the vest is the main focus of the outfit and vice versa.
Work vests should be structured and fitted and the basic rules you'll follow when buying blazer for work should be applied when purchasing the work vests too. It should be made of good quality fabric and aside from fabric, silhouette and cut, we should also pay attention to the color that is allowed for work. If your work environment is very formal then buy neutral color vests and stay away from bold colors, florals and other graphic prints. Below are a couple of style boards and summary of tips to guide us when styling work vests.
Tips for styling Work Vests
- Get a well structured and fitted vest
- Pay attention to the color because neutrals work best for most work environment.
- Complement your vest with good quality accessories.
- When your vest is in a soft or neutral color, highlight one or two accessories.
- If you must do florals and prints, make sure the prints/florals is easy on the eyes
- Wear your vests with confidence just like you would wear a good structured blazer.
Thanks so much for stopping by
**For more style boards, check out my Instagram @Beautysfashionzone