Before we begin our game, I will like to tell you about previous party outfits...
This outfit is what I wore for my son's one year birthday party five years ago. The pink top was made with a pretty African lace fabric with stones studded all over it. (You can't really see the stone studs in the pic.) It is a long "Kaftan" top with slits on the sides and the white pants were made from a simple brocade fabric. (Made by my seamstress) I also had a tough choice five years ago picking out the best shoes to match this oufit and I will publish some pics. sometime later in this blog of what shoes finnally won the day.
The description of the shoes are as follows;
- The first pair of shoes are open toe pink suede shoes with a loop and neutral color heels which I purchased from the VictoriasSecret Catalogue over ten years ago. They are pretty old shoes but I don't get to wear them all the time because of the color.
3. The third pair of shoes were purchased from DSW and were the initial pair I picked for my wedding until I found a great pair of comfortable wedges! (I'll do a post on my wedding tips later on in the summer..:))
My long pink Kaftan made the day..
This navy blue shiny dress with fringes is what I wore for my first daughter's one year birthday. You must have seen it a lot in my previous posts. The glittery fabric appealed to me when I first saw the dress at TJ Maxx. And traa laa!!...lol. I purchased the dress.
- The first pair of silver open toed heels by Jessica Simpson were purchased at DSW and they are really comfortable. I like the die-cut pattern on the shoes.
2 The second pair of wine satin pumps by Colin Stuart/VictoriasSecret catalogue were also a contender. I had matching jewelry for it so, it didn't really look all that mismatched when I picked them as contender..lol
3.The last shoes are silver Nine West slingbacks and are one of my favorites! So, can you guess what pair of shoes won the game?.. I mean what pair of shoes did I pair with this dress?
And this is the birthday suit! This shimmery gold one shoulder dress was purchased at TJ Maxx and though I liked the outfit a lot, I do not understand why it was lined in pink!..of all colors!!...lol. I would have considered linning the dress in gold color fabric or neutral fabric if I had made it myself.
- The first pair of gold color sandals were not such a great match for my dress but I put them into consideration anyway. I got them as gift from my hubby when he made a trip to Africa so, they were really special to me.
3. The third pair of neutral suede shoes with satin knot-tie were purchased from VictoriasSecret Catalogue (they make such amazing, comfortable and affordable shoes)
So, let the guessing game begin....